Hello guys, welcome to The Before Buy – a solution to all your online shopping queries if you are searching for how to delete paytm account then this article is for you. Paytm is one of the most famous Indian E-wallet and E-commerce that is used by millions of peoples, it is known for the amazing cashback and deals it provides on every purchase.
Paytm got a rapid boost during the time of monetization, when the government banned all the old currencies. At that time paytm is the only thing that Indian people started using that’s what we called digital India.
So we all know how to create a paytm account, its very simple you have to just put your mobile number and verify it through OTP and then you have type some personal details like name, address and then you have to do KYC for full access of the wallet, But in this article we are going to talk about how to delete paytm account permanently, many users have asked me to do post an article on this topic so here I am providing you some of the best methods to delete paytm account permanently
Table of Contents
What Is Paytm
Paytm stands for “Pay through mobile” which is established in 2010 and is the largest growing platform for online payment and eCommerce in India. The company started its business with online bill and recharge payments but it has grown really quick and now they are able to provide all the online payments whether it is for electricity, gas, school fees, metro card recharge and many more.
In 2014, Paytm wallet service was started and in November 2016, there are more than 150 million users using Paytm wallet, which is a huge number. Vijay Shekhar Sharma is the CEO of the company. You can visit the official paytm website by clicking Here
How To Delete Paytm Account
Most of the users know how to create a paytm account but when it comes to deleting the account, it is very confusing because there is no direct way for deleting the existing paytm account but don’t worry today, we are going to tell you some of the best methods to delete a paytm account permanently.
If you are using web version of your paytm account on Pc or laptop then you have to follow these steps
Steps to permanently delete/deactivate your paytm account
- First, you have to click on your profile section and select “24 x 7 Help” from the drop-down menu
- Then you have to click on “My Account”
- Now you have to select your issue category, Select “I want to close/delete my account”
- Now you have to select the issue, you can choose anyone according to your convenience, I have chosen “I don’t use this Paytm account”
- Then describe your issue in brief and send it to the paytm team
In this way, you will raise a request to paytm team for closing your account and after receiving you request paytm will confirm your reason for closing your account and they will send an SMS to your paytm registered number with a link to close your paytm account, you can follow the link to confirm your request to close/delete your paytm account.
How To Delete Paytm Account In Mobile
If you don’t have a pc or laptop then you can delete your paytm account using your phone
Delete Paytm Account through Email : This is the simple way to delete paytm account using your phone, you just have to mail paytm team at “[email protected]” that you want to close/deactivate your paytm account and you have to tell the reason for deleting your paytm account, paytm team will confirm your account ownership and may ask you to verify your paytm registered number, just do it what they asked and you can easily delete your account in this way.
Delete paytm account using the customer care number: If you are not able to access your paytm account or you don’t have an internet connection then you can contact Paytm customer care by dialing “0120-3888-388” directly from your phone
How To Delete Paytm Account In App
Deleting paytm account through the app is the same as we have done in paytm website on pc and laptop, you just have to follow some simple steps
- Login to your paytm account (which you want to close)
- Tap on three lines in the top left corner
- Then go to “24 x 7 help“
- Click on “More products and services“
- Then scroll down and click on “Profile and settings”
- Click “I want to permanently close/delete my account“
- Then click on any valid region like “I don’t use this paytm account”
- Scroll down and click on “Message Us” option
- Explain to them the reason, why you want to delete your paytm account and send them
- Withing 48-72 hrs you will receive a confirmation SMS on your email/registered mobile number
- You will get two clinks, just click on the first link and delete your account permanently. Ignore the second link.
How To Delete Paytm Bank Account
Follow these simple to steps to delete your paytm bank account
NOTE: After deleting your Paytm Bank Account, you cannot use it in the future.
- Login to your account
- Go to help & support option
- Choose Payment Bank > Close Paytm Payment Bank
- This will open a Ticket regarding your request. Just mention all the reasons why you are deleting your paytm bank account
- Within 24 hrs you will get a call from paytm executive for confirmation.
- After 2-3 days your paytm bank account will be deleted
Note: We highly recommend you to withdraw all the amount that is availale in your Paytm wallet before deleting your account because after your account get deleted you’ll not be able to withdraw your money.
Here in this article, we have discussed some methods to close or delete your paytm account permanently, we have explained each method briefly with proper images for better understanding. If you have any confusion or doubt regarding this then feel free to comment below, we are happy to help you.